Welcome to Makira Gold, a privately funded Cacao Social Enterprise dedicated to enabling cacao farming communities in the Solomon Islands to reach their premium grade potential.
We are the largest Solomon Islands exporter of sundried cacao beans for specialty markets.
We provide direct trade access to the emerging, premium quality, sundried cacao beans of the Solomon Islands.
We currently supply cacao beans for the bean to bar craft chocolate market in Australia and also to Europe with other markets to follow in 2018.
If you would like to enquire about our current stock, please contact us via our contact page.
We have over a dozen customers in Australia, New Zealand and in Europe including Solkiki (UK), Atypic Chocolate (AUS), Metiisto Chocolate (AUS), Ratio Cocoa Roasters (AUS), Smooth Chocolator (AUS), Cailo Chocolate (AUS), Cravve Chocolate (AUS), Chocolate Artisan (AUS), Curio Chocolate (AUS) and Ocho (NZ) with many others testing samples.
We can provide a diverse range of cacao beans to suit your flavour requirements.
We are also running projects in the following areas:
- Cacao farming – we have small family owned cacao farms and a fermentary/sundrying facilities on the island of Makira in the Solomon Islands.
- Cacao co-operative – we have established a cacao farmers co-operative called UTM in West Makira and we work with them to improve post harvest processing to access the specialty cacao markets to provide a fairer and higher price.
- Consolidation – We buy premium grade, sundried cacao beans from cacao farmers across the Solomon Islands.
- Export – We export sundried cacao beans from Honiara to overseas markets.
- Australian distribution and sales – From Brisbane we sell cacao beans to Australian craft chocolate makers.
- Chocolate production – We produce bean to bar chocolate, however this will not be available for commercial sales until late 2018.